Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review - SISTAR "Alone"

Let's be honest here, SISTAR's last album sounded cheap as can get. The songs did nothing to make SISTAR stand out from the rest, specially in competition with Miss A's "Good Bye Baby". On the other hand it made them sound like every other rookie out there. To me a first album is the reinforcement that a group has been in the industry long in off to leave it's mark and be recognized, and SISTAR did not achieve that with their first album.

On the other hand, I'm happy to say that SISTAR has won my favor again after this mini-album. I finally feel like their music fits them as a group and leaves a good impression. The tittle track is by far the most impressive song in the album. "Alone" is sophisticated and shows of the members vocals. Furthermore it is a slow but dance-able track and the MV really does capture the mood of the music. My only regret is that they did not use Las Vegas to it's full potential when filming the MV.



I really liked all of the songs in this album, some more than others but they are all good quality. For the first time since "Shady Girl" I find that SISTAR's songs don't sound annoying.

"Girls on Top", is the funnest track in the album and is all about girl power.



"I Choose to Love You" is a sweet ballad (+ Hyorin's solo), and really suits Hyorin's voice.




"Lead Me" has a very catchy chorus, and is just nice to hear in general.



"No Mercy" did not leave an impression on me at first but it seems to be growing on me. I really feel like dancing when I listen to this :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment